- The present Regulation defines the procedure of organization and conducting of the open competition of business ideas.
- The Competition is organized by the Centre of support of entrepreneurship and employment of young people with disabilities “UZEL” of the Charitable public Association “World without borders” (hereinafter “Organizer”), with the support of the United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF).
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- The competition is aimed at increasing the number of business ideas that can be adapted for people with disabilities, as well as at increasing entrepreneurial activity of people with disabilities.
- The objectives of the Competition:
- selection of real business ideas and marketing strategies, which could be implemented by people with disabilities;
- obtaining innovative ideas in the sphere of small business and entrepreneurship;
- encouraging people with disabilities to participate in the development and implementation of business projects;
- development of business activity of youth entrepreneurship;
- improving the knowledge and professional skills in entrepreneurship;
- attracting the attention of society to the issue of employment of people with disabilities in the Republic of Belarus.
ORGANIZATION AND REALIZATION OF COMPETITION
- For the coordination of organizational activities the Organizing Committee was created. The membership of the Organizing Committee is approved by the Chairman of the CPA “World without borders”.
- The Organizing Committee organizes the Competition, provides wide information on its realization, contributes to the coverage of the Contest in the media, attracts sponsors, cooperation partners, and performs other preparatory activities.
- The Organizing Committee collects applications and selects projects for the Competition.
- The competition will run from April 1, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
- The competition is held in three stages:
5.1. The first stage – informing potential participants about the competition, reception and selection of applications by the Organizing Committee – from April 1 to May 31, 2016.
5.2. The second stage – examination of applications by the jury. The jury meeting to discuss bids and determine winners – from June 1 to June 20, 2016.
5.3. The third stage is the announcement of results, awarding winners; from June 21 to June 30, 2016.
- All participants will be informed about the place and time of awarding the winners no later than 5 days before the event.
- Everyone (authors, groups of authors) who have sent their applications (projects) for the review in accordance with the requirements hereof can participate in the Competition.
- The number of applications from one author (group of authors) is not limited.
- The project may be submitted in e-form (Word Document (no more than 10 pages) or PowerPoint presentation (maximum 25 slides)).
- The Application for the participation in Competition should contain the following information on the title page:
– name of the project;
– Author’s name (All members’ of the group of authors names);
– place of work/study;
– contact phone number;
– e-mail address.
- A description of the business idea according to the plan in Appendix to this Provision must be attached.
- Applications for participation in the contest must be sent no later than by May 31, 2016
- Applications can be sent by e-mail: email@example.com with a mark “Competition” or to the office of the CPA “World without borders” or in e-form on any electronic carrier to the address: Brestskaya St., 34, office 76, 220099, Minsk.
THEMES FOR PROJECT PROPOSALS
- Project proposals for conducting small business, entrepreneurship, handicrafts are accepted for the participation in Competition.
- Project proposals in the following areas are accepted:
– agriculture, ecology, tourism;
– crafts activities, handicraft;
– event-activity, cultural and educational events;
– provision of services to the population;
- The winners will be selected in each of the directions.
- Projects that do not correspond to any of the thematic areas can be accepted in the category “Other”.
- The nominations will be determined by the Organizing Committee and will be approved by the Chairman of the CPA “World without borders” at the Jury Meeting.
JURY. EVALUATION CRITERIA
- The Contest Jury will determine the nominees and winners.
- The composition of the Jury and its Chairman are approved by the order of the Chairman of the CPA “World without borders”.
- The Jury consists of the experts in the field of entrepreneurship, economics, professionals working with people with disabilities, medical experts, people with disabilities, who created successful business, the employees of the CPA “World without borders”.
- When evaluating ideas, the experts assess them on a ten scale basing on the following criteria:
- Feasibility of the business idea: availability of sufficient technical, scientific, social, administrative, legal and other components, which can be used by people for the realization of business ideas to life.
- Relevance of the idea: is there any demand for this offer in today’s society.
- Novelty of the idea, the presence of modern, innovative approaches;
- Availability of market for the goods/services offered in the process of implementing the business idea. Understanding of the market. Clear competitive advantages of the business idea.
- Clear and logical financial plan in accordance with the terms of the description of the business idea.
- Potential prospect. Is the business idea a promising one for the period of 3-5 years? Can the idea become a profitable business?
- Social significance of the business: general positive result that will be obtained after the realization of the business idea.
- Degree of possible participation of people with disabilities in the implementation of the business ideas.
- Start-up capital required for business creation.
- Detailed description of the business idea, total understanding of the idea implementation.
THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Participants who present their projects to the Contest understand and agree that all intellectual property: designs, materials, presentations and business plans for the projects, trademarks, etc. are protected in accordance with the current legislation of the Republic of Belarus.
- Having sent the project to participate in the Competition, the participant transfers the copyright in the contents of this project to the organizers on a Pro Bono basis, and agrees that the Contest organizer has the right to use the work by publishing and making it available to the public in accordance with the current legislation of the Republic of Belarus.
- The fact of participation in the Contest implies that participants express their unconditional agreement with the fact that their names and photographs, connected with the participation in the Contest, as well as their interviews and other materials about them can be used by the Organizer of the Contest on promotional and other non-commercial purposes for an unlimited period of time and without payment of any remuneration.
- The financing of Competition is carried out by the Organizer in cooperation with UNDEF, and at the expense of other sources not prohibited by the current legislation of the Republic of Belarus.
- All the travel expenses (meals and accommodation) of the authors of the projects-finalists to participate in the final event of the competition (“Ceremony”) are at the expense of the participants.
- The Organizer provides the organization of the final stage of the Competition, including the provision of technical, exhibition and sound equipment, the work of volunteers with the mobilization of resources, not prohibited by the current legislation of the Republic of Belarus.
- For the purpose of financing of different stages of the Contest the Organizer can engage third-party organizations (including commercial) as co-organizers and sponsors.
- The authors of projects-winners and nominees of the competition will receive prizes established by the Organizer. The prize Fund of the contest is four thousand USD in equivalent at the time of results announcement.
- The organizer together with interested organizations and foundations can award additional prizes, financial prizes and grants.